Located in the eastern, the highest part of the island, he attracts the attention. Unlike other palaces of its time, Elaginoostrovsky palace was the summer residence, designed for seasonal guests staying there. It was conceived as a place of rest of the Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna, alternative Pavlovsk. These features are reflected in the layout and decoration of interiors.

To 1917 the palace belonged to the imperial family. after the revolution 1917 the palace was taken over by the People's Commissars of the Petrograd. FROM 1918 by 1929 year Elaginoostrovsky Palace became the Museum of History and Life. His collection is not only preserved, but also replenishes items from the disbanded cottages on Stone and Krestovsky Islands. AT 1930 the palace was closed, a collection of fragmented, some of the works submitted to the Hermitage funds, Russian museum, Gatchina Palace, others are sold through domestic and foreign trade organizations. Some time after the dissolution in Yelagin Palace housed the branch of the Institute of Crop Sciences.

During World War II the palace was badly damaged: by fire in the early 1942 year died interiors, collapsed roof and floor decks. After the war, given the great artistic value of the ensemble Rossi, restoration works were started. First it was supposed to rebuild the palace under the building for dancing and games of the Central Park of Culture and Leisure. After studying and systematization of historical materials, it was decided to restore the historical appearance of the palace and the state rooms of the first floor. FROM 1952 by 1960 year continued restoration work.

AT 1961 was renovated Palace welcomed its first guests as a base day rest Workers with exhibition halls on the first floor, lounges and pool halls on the second and a dance hall in the premises of the church on the third. only in 1987 , the palace a lot of work to return the lost items were returned to museum status and started, the creation of the palace collection.

Currently on the first floor of the palace in the staterooms presented artistic interiors in the style of the Empire. Visitors can get acquainted with the works of art, sculpture, arts and crafts of the first third of the XIX century from the collections of the Palace Museum Elaginoostrovsky. The second floor houses the exposition of Russian residential interior of the second half of XIX - early XX century.

2009-2021©NEVA RIVER

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?